Soweto City tour
Visit the most populous black urban residential area in the country. Soweto is home to over 4 million people and depicts extreme contrasts in their lifestyles.
You will visit, amongst others:
- Vilakazi Street – the only street in the world to have housed 2 Nobel Prize winners;
- The Mandela Museum – based in the house where Madiba once lived;
- Hector Pieterson Memorial and Museum – discover the cause of the riots;
- Freedom Square/Walter Sisulu Square – where the ANC’s Freedom Charter was proclaimed to thousands in 1956;
- The Regina Mundi Church – where the bullet-marked walls are witness to prior security police brutality.
Note: Package excludes lunch & beverages at the shebeen. Allow extra time to include lunch.